Celestron NexStar Evolution 8 203mm f/10 Telescope
The NexStar Evolution 8 203mm Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope from Celestron is a powerful, portable, versatile, and user-friendly telescope that can be used for observing everything from the Moon and planets to deep-sky objects like galaxies and nebulae. Using Celestron's proprietary StarBright XLT multi-coating system, light transmission is increased throughout the entire optical path with anti-reflection multi-coated lenses, highly reflective multi-coated mirrors, and four-element rare-earth glass. While the focal ratio is a slow f/10, the scope's precision tracking system allows it to be a competent astrophotography/astroimaging platform for the Moon and planets.
The Evolution comes with two ways to use and control it. The first is to simply download Celestron's free Navigator app for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. The scope's WiFi provides the connection to the app and expands the capabilities and functionality, including an expanded database of over 120,000 objects with detailed information on more than 200 of those objects. Second is the iconic 2-line 16-character NexStar computer controller. This is a wired piece of hardware with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects plus several astronomical catalogs including the Messier and Caldwell. Whether using the controller or mobile device, the system can assist in properly aligning the scope, provide tours of the objects and events visible whenever and wherever you're viewing, and allow for manual direction and slew control.
Designed for portability, the Evolution features a long-life lithium-iron phosphate battery providing up to 10 hours of continual use on a single charge. The scope comes with an AC power supply with plugs for the US, EU, UK, and AU outlets. The battery powers the servo motors, auxiliary accessory ports, a USB charging port, and the built-in WiFi. Manual clutches in both altitude and azimuth enable you to manually move and point the telescope when it's powered off.
- 203mm Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- 2032mm Focal Length, f/10 Focal Ratio
- StarBright XLT Optical Coating System
- Wireless Control with iOS/Android App
- NexStar Computer Hand Controller
- Motorized and Computerized Fork Mount
- Multiple Automatic Alignment Systems
- 40mm, 13mm Eyepieces, 90° Diagonal
- Adjustable Stainless Steel Tripod
- Rechargeable Battery, up to 10 Hour Runtime
Cameratek currently offers delivery to any South African residential or business address, excluding PO Boxes.
We also offer Click & Collect from our Ranburg and Durban branch.
- Free shipping for Online orders over R1 000.00
- Shipping may only be to a physical address within the borders of South Africa. No P.O Box's allowed.
- Shipping to outlying or remote areas like farms and game reserves may attract an additional fee.
- The delivery time to city areas is usually between 2 and 4 working days*. This excludes weekends and public holidays.
Orders under R1000.00 are charged at R180.00
Orders placed before 2 PM Monday to Friday will be shipped on the day of the order. Orders are dispatched from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 4.30pm. No orders are sent over weekends and holidays.
*Our Standard delivery is 2-4 working days.( Courier is normally within 1-3 working days to main centers and 3-5 working days to outlying areas. Larger parcels can take slightly longer as they are normally sent via road transport).
On occasion, due to delays outside of our control, deliveries may take longer. We will make every effort to deliver on time and keep you updated throughout the process.
- Items shipped are insured whilst in transit with the courier company to you.
- We do not ship out of South Africa.
If you have any questions about purchasing online, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on (011) 251 2400